Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Switching Gears!


Rosie's going on the back burner. Bummer, I know, but I need to finish Gina's story. It really is the one that haunts me, and, anyone who knows me keeps asking, "So, how's that Gina story coming along?" So, I've decided to shop this story at Crime Bake this year. The first few chapters have to be in by Oct 1 in order to be critiqued by a published author.

Here's a little synopsis. Let me know what you think!

THE SEDUCTION OF INTENT is a story about two young women; Gina Maria Baldini and Margo Adams, born only months apart, in the same city, in the same hospital. That, however, is where the similarity ends...for now.

When she is ten years old, Gina's childhood comes to an abrupt end when her beloved father dies in a fiery car crash on his way home from work and her mother becomes lost in her grief, leaving Gina to fend for herself and take on the role of caretaker. She has very few friends throughout her childhood and only one, Bonnie, does she trust enough to bring home. Bonnie comes from a similar background and they become best friends.

At thirty-two years old, Gina commits murder after the stress in her life becomes such that her mind has a break with reality. She has no memory of the actual murder, only of the events leading up to and after the crime.

In contrast, Margo, also an only child, has a storybook childhood surrounded by a doting family. As the center of attention, she's always been a little self-centered, although her family does its best to keep her grounded. She's a journalist assigned to write a story about women who kill and is sent to a state mental institution to begin a series of interviews with Gina. In her effort to get a sensational, real-life murder story, however, Margo is a little over-zealous in her approach to Gina and is asked to leave. Gina is intrigued with Margo though, and eventually invites her back.

Margo, who is in denial about her own relationship with her fiancee, learns some of life's greatest lessons through Gina. Only then is she able to let go of a dream that wasn't originally her to begin with.

6 comments:

  1. I like the synopsis. Reading what you've written would make me pick up this book. I hope you'll write more about any success you have when shopping it around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kari. My critique group will see it for the first time next week, so I'll blog about it here.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      ~ Dianne

      Delete
  2. The story sounds very interesting, I consider reading the book. :) (worldtour follow me#5)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As an avid book reader I must say this sounds very intriguing. I look forward to hearing about your progress with this story.
    Liz (Lizziefx - Follow Me 5)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I forgot to mention I picked up 'The Scent of Rain and Lightening' on your recommend. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Liz. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

      Delete