Thursday, July 8, 2010

The First Time I Stalked Someone

I pulled into the parking lot of the local Stop & Shop and began to make a list of the things I needed. Let's see; fat-free potato chips, Lite Chocolate Graham Crackers...My head jerked up as a fa
miliar figure passed in front of my car. It was a woman who looked exactly as I've wanted to look my whole life. I'd never actually seen her before, only a hundred times in my mind's eye.

Her legs were long and trim. Slim, but strong. Her arms were toned with the definition that comes only from a four-day-a-week gym habit. Her gorgeous, wispy, blond hair was swept up and caught in the back with a bone clip, leaving a few tendrils to frame her delicate face. She was wearing a summery, sleeveless dress of wash & wear linen in a shade of yellow resembling that of whipped butter and a pair of espadrilles with jute ties. A designer bag was casually slung over her shoulder and I couldn't stop looking at her.

I tossed my list onto the passenger seat, scrambled out of my car and into the store. I just wanted to get one more look. I couldn't seem to find her, anywhere. I must have looked like frantic mother searching for her child, and then it dawned on me - I was stalking this woman. I had to get a grip. What was going on here? Was I chopped liver, for crying out loud?

I turned the corner in the Whole Foods aisle and there she was. Hmm... there was Soy Milk in her cart, maybe I should try that. Oh, and tofu. Tofu? Maybe not. I don't want to look too good and chance being stalked. I'm much more comfortable being the stalker.

Latah' ~ Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment