Thursday, January 12, 2012

My Favorite Blogs




I've just enrolled in an online blogging class with Gotham and it made me start thinking about my favorite blogs. One of the first things that attracts me to a blog is the visual. I love a colorful, wildly busy page where I don't know where to look first.

Of my favorites, two stand out for me, partly because I love to ride a bicycle and the other reason is, I love NYC!

www.sherylyvette.com, "A Neurotic Glamour Girl's Weight Watcher's Experience and Fitness Adventures, is by far, my favorite. Sheryl, or Bitchcakes, as she's otherwise known, blogs about her struggle with weight loss and body image. Hers is a truly inspiring story of strength and optimism. She's had an incredible journey and I only know what she's written about. She's a tiny little thing with a great, big spirit.

The Julie Blog is written by a young woman who is cute and funny and fashionable. She even has a cute husband and a cute dog. Julie bikes to work every day! In the cold! In the rain! In NYC! I especially love the pictures she takes of herself in Central Park.

Both of these women love riding their bicycles. In fact, they've named their bicycles. I follow them as though they were my own friends. From Sheryl's weekly beer and waffle fries to Julie's latest fashion designs, I love keeping up with them.

Like the two of them, I love to ride my bicycle, although I haven't yet ventured out into 28 degree weather to do it. One thing I've learned from Sheryl and Julie is that I don't have to wear sneakers and capris to ride my bike. I can wear whatever I want. These women have their own style and they wear it well!

I also have my favorite writing blogs. www.jungleredwriters.com is a good one, exercise blogs, with my daughter's being my absolute favorite of those, gettingitdoneontherun.blogspot.com and, of course, my mosaic blogs. Soon, through this class, I would like to create a mosaic blog of my own where I can post pictures of my art and hope to update this one.

Onward!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, we can leave comments again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the blog list. I love checking out recommendations and finding new treasures to read. Cheers! (Follow me #5)

    ReplyDelete