Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Flash Fiction

It's FLASHWORDS time! I didn't think it was going to happen this year, but I got the e-mail about 15 minutes ago. Contestants have to write a compelling crime story in 150 words or fewer, using at least ten of the title words from novels and stories by our guests of honor at Crimebake this year, Nancy Pickard and Barry Eisler. The top three stories will be read at Crimebake. I'd LOVE to be one of them. So, I'm on a writing frenzy.

I'm still under the weather. Actually, I feel worse than I did last week. I'll have to call the doc tomorrow. I know I can take something for this, I've had it before. Hate to say it, but I think it takes longer for us to fight these things with every passing year. Nice way to spend my birthday week. Sigh.

Almost time to pack for my week-end with Lisa. Ahh... North Conway is so beautiful this time of year. After that I'll have two days to pack for Key West. Oh. My. God. Beaches, bikes and Key Lime pie. Yippee! Back to Hemingway's Key West house I go. It was thrilling to peek into his writing studio. Naturally, we'll be on bikes. As you can tell, I am not even enterTAINING the idea that it could rain and wash out our biking plans. I'll need some cute biking clothes and little Keds.

The only bad thing about a Kindle, I've discovered, is that I can no longer read in the bathtub. I used to do a lot of reading in the bubbles. Now, I'm too afraid to drop it. Wahh…

Hmm...I wonder if I could use these cute flip-flops in a crime?

That's the way my brain works, folks. Are ya scared yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment