Saturday, January 11, 2014

Better Late Than Never


I'm a FLASHWORDS winner!

WHAT!!?? 

It's true. While on vacation in Key West, I received an e-mail saying that I was a winner. I couldn't believe it and I was so happy. But, it gets better. My friend, Margo, was also a winner. 

WHAT!!??

We couldn't tell anyone until the winners were announced at the Crimebake banquet, so neither of us knew about the other until that night!

 It was so exciting. We read our stories in front of approximately three hundred attendees and I wasn't the least bit nervous. I was too happy. Actually, I was thrilled to death. Get it? SinC, death... ha ha.

I just find it so hard to believe that I didn't get right on this sucker and blog about WINNING! 

Actually, and I can't explain why, I haven't written much at all since then. Oh, sure, a few things here and there, but for the most part I seem to have abandoned all the characters I love so much.

It's time to get back into the swing of things so Rosie can get on with her life.  I registered for a Scrivener class in August with SinC NE., but I couldn't keep up.  I had hoped that the program would help me get more organized. I'll try again.

Anyway, Margo won Flashwords again, last November. I loved watching her read her story up there - on the stage - without me. Ha ha.  She was so confident and I got all choked up. She did great! My story didn't make the cut this time.  I'll try again this year.

In the meantime, I'll take a few days to sit and look at what I have. Really look. I have a few questions to ask myself and a few decisions to make. Am I really a writer? Do I have what it takes to go all the way? Is it the rejection I fear, or the acceptance? Hmm… I'll never know unless I follow through to the end. So, here I go. Time for some truth-telling. I'll be back with the answers.

Till then ~

Dianne

3 comments:

  1. You're already a writer! I say keep doing what you love and loving what you do. And I dare anyone to debate the success of that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And congrats on being one of the winners :) YOU ROCK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you come from, young lady? Oh yeah, ME! Ha ha.
    You're my biggest fan and cheerleader and love you, so much!

    ~ xo~ Mama

    ReplyDelete