Saturday, November 22, 2014

Rosie's baaack...

Rosie went on vacation for a while as her story evolved. A woman like you, like me and millions of women all over the world, Rosie is a real, flawed human woman trying to get through life with as little pain as possible. But, in order to grow and become the people we are meant to be, we must take risks and the end result may involve a little pain. Well, Rosie does end up having pain - lots of it - but it's what she does with it that makes her special. So, she gives Marcie, her young neighbor, a little advice on how to save her marriage in this second book in the Rosie Chandler mystery series, "A Murder in the Neighborhood." Here's an excerpt:

    I answer the phone and it's Marcie. This can't be good. I expect to hear crying on the other end of the line. At least that's how it's been for the last two weeks, but I'm pleasantly surprised.
    "Rosie, wait 'till I tell you," She says. "You will just die."
      "Oh, oh. Marcie, what have you done?"
      "I've saved my marriage, that's what."
      "Oh, do tell." What else could I say? I'm not really comfortable getting the inside scoop like this - especially when it comes to a person's love life.
      "I've signed up for belly dance classes!"

So, yes, Rosie is back and I couldn't be happier.

5 comments:

  1. I love Marcie and I think that sounds just like her. Excellent conversation. I'm still chuckling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Marcie, too! Looking forward to reading/hearing more from you and from her!

    ReplyDelete